NOTE: (You may get an article from a newspaper, magazine, of the internet, or it may be a personal health experience)
The *article must be submitted under the guidelines below:
1. Read the article and summarize it in your own words, indicating two things you have learned from your reading.
2. List three vocabulary words and their health-related definitions.
3. Show the date and the news media in which it was found.
4. Discuss the article with your parents (guardians) and have them sign your summary.
5. Overall effort, neatness, and creativity will affect your grade.
For extra credit:
You may bring in one current event article each week to be displayed on the bulletin board.
You may receive up to 10 (ten) extra-credit points for your effort. In order to receive the full five points each week, you must meet the above criteria to a satisfactory degree.
Each article must be labeled according to the appropriate health area (for example, mental health, drugs, nutrition, reproductive health, etc.).
*You may be asked to discuss your article with the class.