In order for your child to be enrolled in our preschool program, you must meet the following requirements:
Your child must be 4 years old before Aug. 1, 2017.
Children ages 3-5, identified as having special needs, may be enrolled in a preschool program after a multi-factor evaluation team report is completed. If you believe your child has special needs, please contact the Marion City Schools Student Services Department.
Your child must be screened in the spring prior to the entry year of preschool. Selection will be based upon screening results. If there are openings after all children are screened, selection of students will be made from a waiting list.
- A medical form signed by a licensed physician affirming that your child is in a suitable condition for enrollment in the program (If a parent has a signed document by a physician indicating the physician will complete the child's physical within thirty days after admission, a place will be held for thirty days in the preschool program. Your child will not be able to attend the preschool class until the medical form is completed and turned into the designated person.)
- A copy of your child's birth certificate
- An immunization record of your preschooler that must include required immunizations in accordance with state statutes (unless specifically exempt for medical reasons)
- School information forms (health record, medical emergency contacts, emergency transportation, parent release forms) will be given to each parent at the child's preschool location prior to the first day of preschool. Parents are responsible for keeping all information current. All changes must be made in person in the school office, as well as notification made to the teacher.
- Proof of residency
- A $30 supply fee paid (or the fee may be waived with household income survey form and a 2016 income tax form with qualifying information on file)