Students must take end-of-course tests in English Language Arts I and II, Algebra I, Geometry (or Integrated Mathematics), Biology or Physical Science (class of 2018 only), American History and American Government.
ODE: Ohio State Test (OST)
- OST testing information
- Practice tests
Ohio State Tests information
- OST re-testing will start Dec. 4-15
- Tests will start in March and continue into May
- Tests will be given for the following: English I, English II, Algebra I, Geometry, Physical Science/Biology, American History and American Government
- There are seven total tests that students have to take during their time in high school. Students can earn 1-5 points on each exam based on their performance: Advanced, 5 points; Accelerated, 4 points; Proficient, 3 points; Basic, 2 points; Limited, 1 point.
- Students must:
- Accumulate a minimum of 18 points from scores on all of their tests throughout high school to earn a diploma, including:
- At least four points from their English Language Arts I and II tests
- At least four points from their Algebra I and Geometry tests
- At least six points from their Science, American History and American Government tests.
2. OGT – Ohio Graduation Test (Class of 2017 and earlier)
- Students who started their 9th grade year during the 2013-2014 school year and earlier will need to pass the OGTs in order to graduate.
- OGT testing will still occur in the fall and spring
- Students who still need the OGT test can also take the OST tests for the certain subject they need.
- Students may talk to their guidance counselor for questions and specific dates.