- Student's goals and aspirations
- State mandated graduation requirements
- Student's strengths and interests
Presidential Planning Fair
5-7 p.m. at the high school
All Scheduling Day
- Students receive scheduling sheet.
- Students choose what courses they would like to take and talk with thier teachers for course recommendations. The scheduling sheet contains core classes as well as electives, AP, CCP and honors courses.
- Sheet must be turned in by the end of the day.
Counselors will input student course selections into Powerschool for the 2018-19 school year.
Eighth grade scheduling
High school and middle school counselors will be at Grant Middle School scheduling 8th grade students into Powerschool for the 2018-19 school year.
Jan. 30-March 23
All scheduling day is completed and counselors have entered most students' initial course requests. We will now begin meeting with each student one-on-one to make sure that they are selecting the appropriate courses for next year and to give them any paperwork that is required for certain classes. Once we meet with your student, they will be given a copy of their requests to bring home for your review/signature.
Students interested in taking CCP courses thorugh OSUM, both at Harding and on the Ohio State at Marion campus, need to:
- Submit a signed CCP intent to enroll form
- Make sure they have taken the ACT by the April 8 test date (regular deadline is March 3) and receive a college-ready score.
- Complete the online OSU Academy Application.
- Notify your counselor so that any remaining paperwork can be submitted.
- Contact Louis Hominga at Ohio State at Marion to select avaiable courses. (Mr. Hominga will be available to meet with students at Harding.) His phone number is 740-389-6786.
Students interested in taking CCP courses through Marion Technical College, both at Harding and at the MTC campus, need to:
- Submit a signed CCP intent to enroll form.
- Make sure they have taken either the ACT by the April 8 test date or taken the Accuplacer exam to determine college readiness. (Contact MTC for information about the Accuplacer exam.)
- Complete the MTC CCP paper application and turn it back into your counselor.
- Notify your guidance counselor so that any remaining paperwork can be submitted.
- Contact Tiffany Wade at MTC to make sure that you have completed all required steps and to select available courses. She can be contacted at 740-389-4636.
Students interested in attending Tri-Rivers Career Center must complete the online application by Feb. 15.
Please feel free to contact the guidance office if you have any questions about what courses your student still needs for graduation or if you would like to set up a scheduling meeting.
The goal is for students to have a paper copy of their schedules by May.
Students have until the end of the 2017-18 school year to make changes to their schedule for the 2018-19 school year.