College and Career Counseling
High school is a critical time for students to start thinking about their future. They not only need to focus on their academics but also on their future. That requires preparing for college or a career.
Marion Harding High School's guidance office is available to help. The guidance department maintains a collection of college bulletins, applications, and educational directories. Financial aid, scholarships, graduate programs, and military information is also available.
School counselors can help seniors in completing scholarships, college applications, and financial aid information.
ASVAB Career Exploration
The ADVAB Career Exploration Program is a comprehensive career planning program that includes a multiple aptitude test battery, an interest inventory, and various career planning tools designed to help students explore opportunities.
The program helps students to:
- Identify, understand, and organize information about their skills, interests, and work-related values.
- Identify suitable occupations to investigate and pursue based on their skills, interests, and values.
- Use career information resources to further explore these occupations.
The ASVAB can also measure developed abilities and help predict future academic and occupational success in the military. it is administered annually to more than one million military applicants, high school, and post-secondary students.
Tenth through 12th grade students can sign up. The ASVAB test is free to Harding students, who can talk with their guidance counselor to sign up.
What do you want to do after high school?
If you want to pursue college:
- Research colleges online.
- Think about what you want in a college.
- Build a college list.
- Take the ACT or SAT.
- Fill out and submit the FAFSA.
- Research and apply for scholarships.
- Fill out and submit college applications.
- Ask for recommendation letters.
- Pick a major or think about what majors interest you.
As you pick a major, ask yourself:
- Am I prepared to start college?
- Will I make the right decisions for college?
- What do I still need to do?
If you need any help with these steps, see your school counselor.