Student Voice - A Forum for Students
What is Student Voice?
Rushmore Student Voice is a representative structured forum through which students can become involved in the affairs of the school, working in partnership with staff and parents for the benefit of the school and its students.
Goals of the Student Voice
Representing the views of the student body to the school Supporting the educational development and progress of students Contributing to the development of school policy Assisting in school programs and cultural activities Assisting with or organizing fund-raising events for charity Liaising with Student Councils in other schools and becoming active in the home community
To provide students a representative based forum where their voice can be expressed for benefit of their peers and school community.
Student Voice Responsibilities
- Working with the Rushmore staff, Board of Directors and Parents’ Association in the school
- Communicating and consulting with all of the students in the school
- Involving as many students as possible in the activities of the Council
- Planning and managing the Council’s program of activities for the year
- Managing and accounting for any funds raised by the Council