The philosophy of our preschool program is to provide developmentally appropriate activities that encourage each child's needs, capabilities, and interests while fostering respect for others and the world around them.
Our preschool program strives to foster self-esteem through experiences that meet each child's social, intellectual, emotional, and physical needs. The preschool curriculum we use utilizes developmentally appropriate activities and a learning environment, materials, and instructional approaches that meet the individual needs of the children.
Our Step Up To Quality 5-Star rated program is aligned to the Early Learning and Developmental Standards adopted by the State Board of Education. Preschool teachers write daily plans for students that describe goals, activities, and assessments to be implemented.
The preschool program's goals provide a basis for the daily operation that addresses the interests, needs, and abilities of each child through quiet and active play.
Our learning opportunities allow children to:
- Participate in language-rich activities that encourage the use and development of all forms of communication.
- Learn in an environment that is ordered and structured yet gives appropriate amounts of freedom and choice.
- Work in a classroom built around activity-based learning centers.
- Use concrete materials to develop problem-solving skills.
- Work with open-ended activities that foster creativity yet are at the correct level of difficulty.
- Work with the teacher in small groups or individually during a part of their day.
- Receive developmentally appropriate, explicit literacy instruction.
- Develop social skills such as cooperating, helping, and taking turns.